How Are Garage Doors Installed?
Choosing the right garage doors is important when it comes to improving your home’s practicality and appearance. Not only do they add kerb appeal but they also bring greater security for your possessions and vehicles. However, professional garage door installation is essential to ensure maximum safety. It can be difficult to install garage doors yourself. This is especially the case if they are automated doors. Therefore, it’s best to leave it to a team of experienced pros who know what they’re doing.
Before we look at the installation process, though, there is something to consider first. There are several types of garage doors in Kent for you to pick from. So, let’s look at how to choose the right one for you before looking at installation.
Types Of Garage Doors
There are many kinds of garage door to choose from and all are installed in different ways. Here are some of the most popular:
|Up and Over doors||Canopy/retractable with manual or automatic opening and closing.|
|Roller doors||Automatic opening and closing – the door curls up into a roll above.|
|Sectional doors||Manual or automatic upward rolling in sections along a horizontal rail.|
|Side hung doors||Mounted in the traditional way to the side walls of the garage so they swing outward.|
Why Choose A Professional For My Garage Door Installation?
It’s important to choose a garage door company that you can rely on and trust to supply your doors. It is, however, equally important to choose a company that can also professionally install them to a high standard. There are several reasons for this:
- Installing your own garage door comes with implications and risks. If you make an error or install it incorrectly the door could fail to open. Alternatively, it could come down unexpectedly on your vehicle, damaging it.
- You may not have the necessary parts and tools to install the door efficiently and quickly.
- You may lack the skills and experience to fit the door correctly. It must be properly aligned, its opening must be secured, and the wiring and pulleys correctly installed. It is difficult to achieve this yourself.
- Installing an automated door requires working with electricity. It’s important to use a professional installer who has had the right training to do this safely.
- Garage doors are heavy and large. You could injure yourself if trying to fit them independently.
- Installing your own garage door will probably invalidate your door’s warranty. If you then require garage door repairs within the warranty period you’ll need to pay for them yourself.
Here at Garage Doors 4 You, we’re proud to be able to supply and install a range of high-quality doors. Our professional team will ensure optimal security and safety during the installation process. When you need garage doors in Kent, make us your first port of call. Just contact us today to learn more about our products and installation processes. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and helping you find the right doors for you.